Ok, so this blog post was originally about how I really wanted cookies one day but didn't want to wait overnight for the dough to rest in the fridge like lots of really good recipes call for. This blog post has since been edited and this is why - after going through my blog and tidying up some of my posts, I realised I've actually already posted this recipe. This is the same base as my M&Ms cookie that I found on Smitten Kitchen. When I posted this originally, I'd found the recipe on allrecipes.com after a quick Google search. The two recipes are exactly the same, but I'm gonna give my credit to Smitten Kitchen.
I'm not even mad. Just makes me think "wow, I must really like this cookie". And I do! Try it, everyone.
DARK CHOCOLATE COOKIES
from All Recipes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
170 grams butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
Dark chocolate block, chopped (I used a 250g block)
- Sift together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Reserving a handful of the chocolate, pour the rest of the chocolate into the batter and mix by hand.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough into balls onto prepared trays. Dot the tops with the reserved chocolate and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready, heat the oven to 165˚C. Bake cookies for 15 to 17 minutes or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- Cool completely on the baking sheets before eating.