These brownies are what I'm known for. I can't tell you how many times I've used this recipe. If someone asked me what the one thing is I'd recommend them make from my blog, I would say these dark choc and raspberry brownies.
I love using raspberries in my baking whenever I can and the dark chocolate with the berries are a perfect combo. The tartness of the raspberries helps to cut through the richness of the brownie so you can eat as much as you want without feeling too sick.
Try these and thank me later.
DARK CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY BROWNIES
adapted from bbcgoodfood
300g semi-sweet dark chocolate
250g butter, cubed
250g brown sugar
50g cocoa powder
2 cups frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Place chocolate, butter and brown sugar in a heat-proof bowl. Set the bowl over a pot of gently simmering water, and stir until everything is combined and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and beat in eggs one at a time.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Add half the frozen berries to the batter and pour into a lined baking tin (I use a 21.5cmx21.5cm square tin).
- Top with the remaining berries and bake for 65 minutes for a fudgy texture, turning halfway through (adding a sheet of foil over the top of the pan at this point will stop the raspberries going brown).
- Let cool completely in the tin.
- Once ready, slice into squares and dust with icing sugar.