Do you like lemons? Do you like coconut? Are you in need of a dead-easy, deliciously moist, cakey slice that uses only one bowl? Read on, recipe straight ahead.
LEMON & COCONUT SLICE
from A Spoonful of Sugar
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 1/2 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup frozen berries (optional)
Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and add eggs, one at a time, stirring until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Sift in the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the coconut, lemon rind and lemon juice and stir well.
- Spread over base of prepared pan.
- Dot the surface of the batter with the berries.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes (turning halfway through) or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.