The only cheesecake recipe I use. It's a no bake recipe and it's dead easy. No need to worry about adjusting the oven temperature or cracks on your cake or a bain-marie.
Top this with any kind of fruit coulis you want for a bit of tartness. I've tried raspberry, blueberry (pictured here), blackberry, mango, passionfruit - all work a treat. The tartness helps to cut through the richness of the cheesecake, so you can eat more without feeling sickly.
One of my cheesecake pet peeves is a thin or soggy base - the base is important guys! So I've made sure to include quite a thick biscuit base in the recipe. Again, the added texture and difference in flavour helps cut through the richness of the cheesecake filling. Try it, I hope you love it!
NO BAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
- In a food processor, blend the biscuits until very fine. Add the butter, sugar, salt and coconut and blend until combined.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper and press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of the tin.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- For the filling, place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over a pot of gently simmering water. Ensure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Once melted and smooth, set aside to cool.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sour cream and blend until smooth. Repeat with the cream.
- With the mixer on low speed, pour the melted white chocolate into the mixture in a steady stream. Beat until all incorporated and smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and beat once more.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the set base and refrigerate overnight
- For the fruit compote, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan set over medium heat, making sure to stir occasionally. Allow the mixture to come to the boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, spoon the compote over the cheesecake. Enjoy!
For the base:
200g plain biscuits, lightly crushed
½ cup desiccated coconut
160g butter, melted
3 tbsp brown sugar
Good pinch of salt
For the filling:
450g good quality white chocolate
400g cream cheese, room temp
300g sour cream
½ cup thickened cream
Juice from half a lemon
For the coulis:
1.5 cups frozen fruit (any kind)
¼ cup water
¼ cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cornstarch